After saving a swimmer from what looked like a shark attack, Firefly was told the legend of Shark-Man, a creature who protected the pearls in the local bay. Believing there was more to the superstition, Firefly investigated the local waters to find that the legendary Shark-Man was in reality a thug named Martin Lobrow. Lowbrow was hired by Tuana Masters, a businessman and partner with Linda Marlow. Mr. Masters wanted Lowbrow to dress as a shark and scare away the pearl divers. He hoped Miss Marlow would leave the island and sell her half of the business to him. However, Mr. Masters was eaten by a Great White when he fell into the waters while fighting Firefly. Lowbrow also died, by being flung into the razor teeth of his shark costume on the floor.
- Not to be confused with Jim Carter, who also disguised himself as a Shark-Man in Adventures of the Fly #15, as part of an exhibition scam for tourists at the beach.
- No trivia.
- Appearances of Martin Lobrow (Earth-MLJ)
- Character Gallery: Martin Lobrow (Earth-MLJ)
- Fan-Art Gallery: Martin Lobrow (Earth-MLJ)
- Quotations by Martin Lobrow (Earth-MLJ)
Links and References