John Cardy was an American adventurer and a professional magician popularly known as Kardak the Mystic. He traveled the world doing magic shows and fighting whatever crime he ran into along the way. Originally, Kardak's abilities were limited to stage magic, but he soon acquired genuine mystical abilities. He was usually assisted by his fiance, Lorna Dorne and his faithful servant, Balthar.
They fought villains such as the Mocha Men, the Brahmins, the Great Rexa, the Transparent People, the Beast-Men, the Ice People, and Kid Boppo.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Magic: unfortunately, does not work against the dead.
- Hypnotism: he is an expert in the field of hypnosis. His ability to hypnotize and mentally control the actions of others borders on superhuman.
- Illusion Casting: he can project illusions that seem very realistic. Often his subjects cannot tell reality from his projections.
- Telepathy: he can project his thoughts to other people.
- Imperceptibility: Kardak can walk along with other people, both friends and enemies, and they not even realize he is there.
- He can escape easily from ropes and strait-jackets.
- He is able to disengage his shadow.
- Indian rope trick.
- Because his powers are within his "hypnotic" eyes, if blindfolded his magic does not work.
- Balthar's magical turban can be unraveled and used as a rope to climb up on or a bridge to cross.
- 27 Appearances of John Cardy (Earth-MLJ)
- Images featuring John Cardy (Earth-MLJ)
- 1 Quotations by or about John Cardy (Earth-MLJ)
- Character Gallery: John Cardy (Earth-MLJ)