Write the first paragraph of your article here.
The Archie gang (main characters)Edit
- Archie Andrews, main character, a typical red-headed teenage boy with a great interest in dating. He tends to be clumsy and accident prone.
- Veronica "Ronnie/Ron" Lodge, the rich, stuck-up girl. Betty's best friend and rival for Archie's affections.
- Betty Cooper, the blonde girl next door, who is a good student, athlete, cook, and auto mechanic. She is obsessive about her major crush, Archie.
- Forsythe Pendleton "Jughead" Jones III, Archie's best friend, Jughead is sarcastic, obsessed with eating, lazy, and apathetic towards girls; however he is also portrayed to be very clever and knowledgeable on a wide variety of subjects, being second only to Dilton Doiley.
- Reginald "Reggie" Mantle III, the self-confident practical joker who can date anyone he wants. He is Archie's rival in both sports and the contest for the affections of Veronica.
Parents (of the main characters)Edit
Frequently appearing characters
- Hiram Lodge, Veronica's rich father; who often dreads meeting Archie due to Archie's clumsiness and knack for causing him trouble
- Frederick "Fred" Andrews, Archie's father who is pear-shaped, old-fashioned, and balding.
- Mary Andrews, Archie's typical all-American suburban mother.
Less frequently appearing characters
- Hermione Lodge, Veronica's mother. Appears far less frequently than her husband, and rarely plays a significant role in most of the stories. She is mostly involved in charity work (also been called Julie circa 1980s).
- Hal Cooper, Betty's middle-class but hard-working father who works as a druggist.
- Alice Cooper, Betty's caring, highly supportive mother.
- Mr. Forsythe Pendleton Jones Jr., Jughead's father (referred to as Timothy Jones in one story), who looks just like his son, only older and balding.
- Gladys Jones, Jughead's mother.
- Other parents of Archie characters.
Other Teens/Expanded Archie Gang (supporting)Edit
- Marmaduke "Moose"/"Big Moose" Mason (earlier Moose McGee and in at least one story in the 50s, Moose gives his real name as "Merton Matowski."), a muscular star athlete who is a poor student and is possessive about his girlfriend, Midge. He also is known to be dyslexic.
- Midge Klump, Moose's girlfriend, who often gets annoyed at Moose because of his over-protection towards her. (earlier "Midge Collins")
- Dilton Donald "Dilly" Doiley, the very intelligent nerd and inventor.
- Ethel "Big Ethel" Muggs (earlier Ethel Dinklehof), a tall, stringy, somewhat dorky but goodhearted teenager who always tries to win over Jughead, albeit unsuccessfully.
- Charles "Chuck" Clayton, an African-American athlete and cartoonist.
- Nancy Woods, Chuck's girlfriend.
- Other teenagers in Archie Comics.
Faculty of Riverdale HighEdit
- Waldo Weatherbee, the school principal, popularly referred to as 'The Bee'. He is often a victim of Archie's clumsiness, and the latter frequently finds himself in detention.
- Miss Geraldine Grundy, a teacher at Riverdale High. Usually portrayed as an English teacher. She mostly teaches every subject not including gym or chemistry. Most students consider her as a "nice" or "good" teacher. She is an older lady with white coloured hair.
- Professor Benjamin Flutesnoot, science teacher (also band teacher in Little Archie).
- Coach Kleats, the head physical education teacher. He only teaches football and baseball.
- Coach Harry Clayton,Chuck's dad, also a physical education teacher. He is the basketball coach.
- Miss Bernice Beazley, the somewhat grouchy school cafeteria cook. No one likes her food besides Jughead. No one likes her but herself.
- Mr. Svenson, Swedish school custodian. He often stays at school when it is closed and cleans. A lot of the students like him and try to help him if he has problems. He also has a girlfriend named Olga.
- Other faculty members.
- Terry "Pop" Tate, (earlier Leo Tate) owner of the Chocklit Shoppe (in older comics, Pop's Malt Shop) where Archie and the gang frequently hang out.
- Jellybean, Jughead's little sister. Her real name is Forsythia.
- Hot Dog, Jughead's faithful pet dog.
- Minor characters in Archie Comics